Sunday 11 November 2012

Music from Games


So I was tending to a headache and minding my own business on Facebook, when I get a message from a friend telling me to tune into Classic FM.

Lo and behold, a whole menagerie of classical versions of 
video game music  (composed by the London Philharmonic orchestra) flowed into my aural cavities, leaving me with a lovely nostalgic feeling. Here are a few videos taken from Youtube of tracks that were played: 


Zelda

GTA IV (soviet)

MGS 2


Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

Now I don't necessarily agree with that list, but you can't have every single decent track on one album... Which is why the second album was released on 6th November 2012.

You can find the complete track list to the first and second albums (and also purchase) here.


Halo 3

2 comments:

  1. Hi Slinky,

    I really enjoyed your Halo 4 Xbox 360 unboxing video as well as this blog. I love your enthusiasium for gaming, both old and new.

    NOAH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Noah!

    Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog :)

    Glad you like it, I've loved games since I was very little, at around 3 when I tapped away at Sport of Kings on a ZX Spectrum +2.
    I'm still very little now, but older, and can really appreciate everything gaming has done for myself and many of the people around me. I can never have enough enthusiasm for games!

    SlinkyFISH

    ReplyDelete